3 years ago on
How Much Does It Cost to Make a Promotional Video
A promotional video has inherent great worth in it. Those appear genuine as characters in them display real facial expressions and body language.
The dialogue of the characters in the video simply adds meaning and power to the ideas behind the creation of the product. Lending the product a bit of candor, the promotional videos lend credence to the concepts of utilities in the product.
More often than not, promotional videos are most effective in giving detailed product demonstrations. Moreover, the videos have proven their mettle in engaging the attention of the viewers.
As entertainment and educational values are ingrained in them, the videos are great marketing tools.
As the videos are really persuasive, the messages in the products and services stay etched in the minds of the customers forever.
Making a commercial video includes several types of costs.
Let’s make a list of them.
- Cost of camera
- Selection of location and cost involved
- Fees of models or actors
- Post production costs
Although the above costs would vary from case to case, there are certain factors that influence the costs. Let’s know them one-by-one.
Script and the idea behind it
“Ideation” or generation of an idea is the most important part of making of a promotional video. For this, a creative script writer could literally cast a magic spell through an interesting script. Usually, a good idea leads to compilation of a good script.
A witty script writer simply transforms the idea to an interesting script. A good script writer could charge between 4000 to 10000 rupees. For a commercial video, a good script is the first stepping-stone for making a successful commercial video.
Shooting of the video project
Cost of transportation
This part of the making of the commercial video is the costliest. It has many things that simply add to the piling of the expenses. Let’s begin with the cost of transportation.
The production houses charge 20 to 30 rupees per kilometer. They could even charge a fixed amount for the same.
Cost of camera
The cost of camera with the operator could cost an additional expense of 20,000 to 30,000 rupees in a day. This amount is applicable for a commercial in a national television.
But if the commercial video is being made for a local television or simply for a cable network, the complete all inclusive costs could come to 30,000 rupees.
Cost of additional equipment
Besides the above, the producer would have to incur additional types of costs, such as charges for track and trolley, chains and jibs, and lights etc.
Actors and models & their fees
The popularity of actors and models plays decisive part in the cost of making promotional videos. When the advertiser makes up his mind to hire popular models and actors, it certainly adds to the cost of video. If the budget for the promotional video is less, the producer could opt to hire new faces in the industry.
While the budding actresses or models would, of course, work for the producer for a paltry sum of five or ten thousand rupees, the fees of the established models or actors could come in huge amounts. Nowadays, successful television actors charge whopping amounts for their roles in the videos.
Usually, the making of a video goes through three phases, such as pre-production, production, and post-production. Editing matters the most in the aftermath of production.
The video production companies could charge up to 5000 rupees per hour for editing the video.
In some cities in India, the production companies charge 2000 to 3000 rupees for editing the video. In case the producers include motion graphics or animations, the expenses for editing even could go higher.
2D & 3D Promotional videos- a new dimension in product’s marketing
As new technology is breaking ground, 2D & 3D animation technology helps a lot to showcase products in concise and clear way.
As multi-media and video animation services are now going through a boom time, the animated videos could literally bring revolution in products’ marketing.
Moreover, animation videos are literally wonderful to explain products and concepts or ideas in the marketability of services.
To add to it, the videos are fully entertaining and those have the versatility to deliver the messages to the core audience.
No need to hire models, actors, and select location and props-great advantage in cost
The promotional videos made with the help of 2D and 3D technology have great advantages in the cost of its production. Those are as follows;
- The advertisers could create animated videos by completely adhering it to the brand guidelines.
- In case of necessity, the advertiser could make such videos without hiring actors and models.
- As locations and props add great expenses to the making of promotional videos, those are not even necessary, when videos have the applications of 2D and 3D technology.
- Last but not least, the making of 2D and 3D promotional videos could take place completely through in-house productions.
Other benefits of 2D Animated Video
- As business houses functions in stiff competition, brand building has now become tougher. Invariably, the business leaders look for means for simple but effective business promotion. A 2D animation video works in a simpler way, establishing a quicker rapport with the customers.
- The moving objects and characters in the 2D animation video literally work wonders by keeping the viewers engrossed for longer periods.
The power of 3D Animated Video- simply unbelievable
- The integration of 3d promotional video could integrate an immediate sense of production value as it has proven its mettle for adding a sense of depth and special effects of lighting. With apt movement of camera in 3D technology, the video seems to acquire a new high of professionalism.
- The 3D animation not only adds dynamic movement to the video but also makes the video clip colorful with varying compositions. As a result, the transitions in the video could easily catch the attention of the viewers and convince them to buy the products and services.