When it comes to digital or online marketing, the use of videos is gaining in popularity. The reason for this is the impact they provide. It is far greater than mere words as text and even static images. Research by top digital marketing agencies says that on Facebook, videos are clicked more often than mere pictures or text. And we know that Facebook‘s move to auto play videos is only going to increase video viewership.
Sharing of videos through social media has become the recent trend and statistics has shown that sharing of videos is 267% more when compared to posts.
Recommended Read: Video Content Marketing Trends 2015
What videos have achieved is not a big secret, but what has led to this boom in video marketing is something to be analyzed. So, what is so special about videos?
- The engagement power of a video is very high. While a reader may leave a post mid way, a video is capable of holding him onto his seat, simply because it has the capability to tell a story.
- A video can easily convey an emotion to the viewer when compared to a reading an article or any other content.
- Time is an important factor. A thousand words article may take some time to read, whereas the same article can be explained elaborately through a video. 1.8 Million Words = 1 minute video is something to keep in mind.
- An average user of the internet sees 32.2 videos in a month and 16 minutes and 49 sec is the time he spends on watching online videos in a month.
- A 2010 survey showed that the advent of videos increased the click through rate by 96%.
- Moreover videos can also increase brand association by up to 139%.
How to Make Videos that Can Make an Impact?
While it is true that videos can make the impact that can push your products online, one should be really careful about the videos that they make. A bad video can be as viral as a good one. If not made properly, a video can do more damage to your business and you may not even realize it. So how to make videos that can boost your business?
- Knowing what the audience wants is the key. When marketing a product online using a video, it should target the audience to whom the product or service is intended for. The viewer should easily relate to the video and understand what it is.
- What is the product, how it works, how it helps the user, how can the viewer get the product, are the common question that the video must answer.
- Remember, the idea of making a video is to free the viewer from reading a lengthy description page and hence save his time. Therefore making a 5 minute video can be suicide. The video should be short and simple.
- Videos that are 15 sec or shorter are shared 37% or more than those between 30 sec to 1 minute.
- The video should be engaging right from the beginning. If not, viewers may choose to skip them midway. 8 seconds is the amount of time within which the video must grab the attention of the viewer. VisibleMeasures, a popular consumer behaviour research team found in their research that 20% of viewers click away after 8 sec or fewer.
- The video must be visually appealing to the audience and there should be clarity in the idea presented.
- It was also found that 16% of YouTube videos that are liked or shared are on Tuesdays between 11 am and 1 pm. Hence, care should be given about when and where to post a video.
You may also like: Role of Visual Content in Digital World
The importance of videos is clear. But one should also keep in mind that video alone cannot help boost your product or services. Giving importance only to videos may also affect your online marketing strategies.
When combining videos with full page ads, it can boost engagement by up to 22% as compared to using them individually. It is noted that while 80% of the visitors go for videos, the remaining 20% prefers text. Even though it is a smaller percentage, it is an important one. A comprehensive technique is vital for online marketing.
Video Marketing and Its Impact On Your Business
Rated 5.0 out of 5 based on 2 ratings