5 months ago on
Why Video Marketing is So Powerful for Businesses
Video content has emerged as the preferred format of consuming content. You don’t need statistics to figure that out. Just think of your own browsing choices. If you wanted to know about the top 10 places to holiday (or any other topic), would you read about it or watch a three minute video?
Here are some staggering statistics that shows the popularity of videos:
> Video traffic was 73% of all consumer internet traffic in 2016. This will rise to 82% by 2021. (Cisco VNI, 2016)
> YouTube has one billion users. That’s two third of all internet users.
> 87% of online marketers use video marketing. (Outbrain)
> 10 million videos are watched in Snapchat everyday
> More than 500 million hours of video is watched on Youtube everyday
Why Do We Prefer Video?
So what is it that makes us prefer video over text? It’s our lazy brain.
Our brains need more work to construct meaning from text. On the other hand, comprehending visuals is easy for our brains.
The eyes are our most active sense and we have used visual communication for thousands of years. The combination of visuals and auditory input is what makes video a more natural way of communication for us.
90% of information sent to the brain is visuals and the interesting fact is that visuals are processed 60,000 times faster than text. This is the reason videos need fewer steps to extract meaning and are perceived with ease.
What Video Marketing Can Do for Your Business?
Videos can do all that a successful marketing tool should do for your business. It can increase your conversion, builds your brand and sell your product convincingly. Consider the following numbers:
- Videos on landing page improve conversion rate by 80% (Eyeview Digital)
- 4 in 5 consumers believe that demo videos are helpful
- Online shoppers who view video are 1.8 times more likely to make a purchase than non-viewers. (Animoto,2015)
- Using the word ‘video’ in the e-mail subject line increase the open rate by 19% (Syndacast)
- Visitors spend 2.6 times more time on a page with video (Wistia)
Videos also help in SEO as more time spent on page and greater shareability of videos boost rankings on search engines. Product videos explain your product in an easy to understand and captivating way.
Check out this video of Ultra Ever Dry that went viral.
In his book Influence, Rober Caildni gives six techniques to influence anyone. Videos use all these techniques effectively which makes them great for marketing.
The six factors of influence are reciprocity, likeability, trust, authority, social proof and scarcity.
Videos can play on all of these techniques. Videos featuring founder or employees naturally build trust and likeability among viewers. A video where someone is speaking to you is much more personal than reading text. This builds relation with the brand and personifies it.
Although a text article can also show your expertise, a video gives more information to build authority. For example, authority is also built by the expressions, tone of voice and clothing.
Testimonial videos are a great way to build social proof. A compilation of your satisfied and happy customers makes visitors more likely to make the purchase.
Finally, the principle of reciprocity is also used when you give lots of information in the form of video which is easier to consume but harder to make. Your customers are more likely to notice the effort and pay you back.
Our natural preference for visuals and human interaction make video marketing the most powerful tool for business. Here are some tips to make sure your videos drive consumer action.
#1 Keep videos short and to the point
According to Animoto, Almost 75% of consumers prefer video under 60 seconds. Consumers are impatient with their attention and penalize brands that waste their time. Ask yourself if there is a shorter way to tell your message.
#2 Prefer Humans over Animation
Videos with people get more engagement than animated or whiteboard videos. We naturally connect more to a smiling human face and a trusting voice. However, animation may be a better option for explaining complex concepts and processes.
#3 Use the right type of video
There are many categories of video. You can make a product video, testimonial video, founder story video or an entertaining content video. Use the right video on the right page.
For example, a testimonial video would be great to convert leads on landing page whereas founder’s story would fit well on the homepage of your website. You must also choose the video based on your industry. A product business will require a product video but a law consultancy will do well to produce videos with legal tips for clients.
#4 Budget Videos
A popular video doesn’t have to be expensive. Many small business owners shoot regular videos from their desk and get good results.
The important part is to understand what your customers would like to see and deliver that in the simplest way possible. Make sure the lighting is sufficient and voice is audible.
Contact us for a free quote
7 months ago on
11 Reasons Why No One is Watching Your Video Content [Infographic]
Video is a powerful medium for promotional activities of businesses. As a marketer, you might have created several videos for the promotional activities of your business. Though such videos are of good quality you may not get enough viewers for it. What will be the reason for this? There may be many reasons for less viewership of your videos. The problem may be with your video content strategy.
We have a created a list of reasons that keep the viewers skip your video. There are also suggestions listed here in the form an infographic to get you more viewers for your marketing videos. We hope this illustration will help you to formulate a better video content strategy next time.
Contact us for a free quote
2 years ago on
Video Marketing and Its Impact On Your Business
When it comes to digital or online marketing, the use of videos is gaining in popularity. The reason for this is the impact they provide. It is far greater than mere words as text and even static images. Research by top digital marketing agencies says that on Facebook, videos are clicked more often than mere pictures or text. And we know that Facebook‘s move to auto play videos is only going to increase video viewership.
Sharing of videos through social media has become the recent trend and statistics has shown that sharing of videos is 267% more when compared to posts.
Recommended Read: Video Content Marketing Trends 2015
What videos have achieved is not a big secret, but what has led to this boom in video marketing is something to be analyzed. So, what is so special about videos?
- The engagement power of a video is very high. While a reader may leave a post mid way, a video is capable of holding him onto his seat, simply because it has the capability to tell a story.
- A video can easily convey an emotion to the viewer when compared to a reading an article or any other content.
- Time is an important factor. A thousand words article may take some time to read, whereas the same article can be explained elaborately through a video. 1.8 Million Words = 1 minute video is something to keep in mind.
- An average user of the internet sees 32.2 videos in a month and 16 minutes and 49 sec is the time he spends on watching online videos in a month.
- A 2010 survey showed that the advent of videos increased the click through rate by 96%.
- Moreover videos can also increase brand association by up to 139%.
How to Make Videos that Can Make an Impact?
While it is true that videos can make the impact that can push your products online, one should be really careful about the videos that they make. A bad video can be as viral as a good one. If not made properly, a video can do more damage to your business and you may not even realize it. So how to make videos that can boost your business?
- Knowing what the audience wants is the key. When marketing a product online using a video, it should target the audience to whom the product or service is intended for. The viewer should easily relate to the video and understand what it is.
- What is the product, how it works, how it helps the user, how can the viewer get the product, are the common question that the video must answer.
- Remember, the idea of making a video is to free the viewer from reading a lengthy description page and hence save his time. Therefore making a 5 minute video can be suicide. The video should be short and simple.
- Videos that are 15 sec or shorter are shared 37% or more than those between 30 sec to 1 minute.
- The video should be engaging right from the beginning. If not, viewers may choose to skip them midway. 8 seconds is the amount of time within which the video must grab the attention of the viewer. VisibleMeasures, a popular consumer behaviour research team found in their research that 20% of viewers click away after 8 sec or fewer.
- The video must be visually appealing to the audience and there should be clarity in the idea presented.
- It was also found that 16% of YouTube videos that are liked or shared are on Tuesdays between 11 am and 1 pm. Hence, care should be given about when and where to post a video.
You may also like: Role of Visual Content in Digital World
The importance of videos is clear. But one should also keep in mind that video alone cannot help boost your product or services. Giving importance only to videos may also affect your online marketing strategies.
When combining videos with full page ads, it can boost engagement by up to 22% as compared to using them individually. It is noted that while 80% of the visitors go for videos, the remaining 20% prefers text. Even though it is a smaller percentage, it is an important one. A comprehensive technique is vital for online marketing.