6 months ago on
Improving your content writing is one of the best ways to succeed in the SEO world. High-quality content can boost organic site traffic, improve SEO rankings and strengthen your on-site conversion rates.
Google considers quality content and the number of inbound links from other relevant websites as two most important factors in search viability. Poorly written content will impact your SEO efforts to a great extent. Content writing requires some of your creative writing skills. Often issues like writer’s block can be barriers for writers to provide quality and informative content, thanks to the advanced tools now available to improve your content writing skills.
Are you a content writer or digital marketer looking for better ways to improve your writing skills? Check out these content writing tools that will help you to produce highly engaging and grammatically perfect content.
Here is a list of 25 great tools that can help to improve your writing skills.
1. Daily Page – If you would like to develop the habit of writing every day, but not sure to what to write about, Daily Page is the right tool for you. This tool gives you writing prompt every morning, which you can respond to by writing, creating a daily writing routine. You can either make your response public or keep it private. It also provides helpful writing courses
2. 750 Words – Dedicated to helping writers build healthy writing habits, this exercise-based tool tracks your word count until you reach the daily 750-word limit. The program also provides writers with feedback on how well they are doing, such as providing information of writing speed, and how often they get distracted.
3. Quora – Designed in a question/answer format, Quora is a great place to go for crowdsourced answers outside your network. Just search for a keyword and you will get ideas for an upcoming one. Also you can post questions of your own and target industry experts that can provide you with great information.
4. HubSpot Composer – HubSpot Composer is a distraction-free writing tool that helps you easily turn your brainstorm ideas and research notes into a blog post. This content writing tool in fact format drafts into blog posts. Just copy and paste your text from Microsoft Word or Google Docs into Composer, and it will automatically reformat them for blog publication.
5. Google Docs – Google Docs is an easiest way to share one’s work with anyone else online. This platform allows real-time and immediate editing between a group of people. Also you can be sure that you won’t lose your work, as Google docs auto saves to the cloud.
6. Grammarly – Considered to be the world’s most accurate grammar checker, Grammarly runs in the background and underlines any grammatical errors as you type. This is an ideal tool for content writers who are not that good with grammar. It also comes with a contextual spell check that provides correct spellings and vocabulary enhancement that improves readability.
7. Help Me Write – This tool helps to write quality content and topics for your targeted audience. With this tool, writers can post ideas of what they wanted to write about and share those ideas via social media platforms as well as email. This helps to get a response from your audience itself, thus choosing a better topic.
8. Blog Topic Generator – If you are not able to come up with unique and engaging blog topics, use this tool. Just type in three keywords in the Blog Topic Generator and it will auto-generate five fresh topics for your post. If you need more suggestions, click “Try Again” and you will get five more topics. Choose the best one.
9. Content Ideator – This topic generator tool helps to create viral topics based on reader’s preference. Once the keyword has been entered, the tool shows you similar posts published on that topic. Choose the title by checking which one has a large number of likes and was shared more on social media platforms.
10. Twords – This tool is the right one for bloggers to write consistently. It has been proven that companies regularly writing quality content get the most web traffic and leads. In this tool, you can enter how many words you wanted to write and then Twords will push you until you get it done, thus motivating you to write more.
11. Trello – Trello helps to collect content ideas and you can organize them in to some unique content later on. For content managers, this tool can do a lot. They can assign these ideas to team members, add due dates and also keep track of the status of each project.
12. Hemingway App – This tool helps to make your content easily readable. You can drop your content into the tool and click the edit button. It evaluates your writing with a grade and provides suggestions on improving readability with ways to make it simpler.
13. oTranscribe – For content that includes an interview, oTranscribe is an excellent free web application. It makes transcription process much less painful, providing more time for your writing and analysis. You can also choose to export it to plain text or Google Docs.
14. Tomato Timer – Tomato Timer is a tool that helps to stay focus on your writing, thus improving productivity. This simplest app consists of a timer that counts down from 25 minutes to zero and then starts to beep. You work until the timer stops.
15. ZenPen – Avoid distraction with this tool’s minimalist writing zone. This zone is a blank writing space just like Microsoft Word which features to help you stylize the text, add hyperlinks and quotes.
16. Power Thesaurus – This user friendly crowded thesaurus dictionary helps to improve your vocabulary, helping you create more engaging content. When you type a word, you will get alternative word choices provided by a large community of writers.
17. Twinword Writer – It often happens that you may get stuck on a word. For writers using Twinword Writer tool, it will evaluate the context of their writing and provides alternate words to use.
18. Prompts – For those writing using their iPhone, this iOS app provides suggestions, tracks stats about your writing habits and also allows you to arrange the best day and time to write based on those stats.
19. BrainyQuote – If you are looking for a quote to include in your writing, this tool helps. It is a library with millions of interesting quotes on various topics from writers, politicians as well as other famous persons.
20. AtomicWriter– This easy to use tool helps to write specifically for your targeted readers by providing insights on your blog or article that was just published. It also automatically schedules content to social media calendar.
21. ProWritingAid – This content evaluation tool comes with diverse features such as grammar and spell checker, plagiarism checker, overused words detection, cliché locating tool, and more.
22. Correctica – It is an editing tool that triple checks your content before you click “Publish”. It checks grammar mistakes, spelling mistakes as well as plagiarism, thus making content readable.
23. Drafts – Similar to Google Docs, you can use this “Uber for copyediting”tool to edit your content, share it with any one, and manage your friends’ suggestions.
24. Cliché Finder – This web based application helps you find anything you missed, just like the words need to be replaced, based on the keyword you place.
25. Listly – This tool helps you to call audience to contribute to your list. The community in this tool can then vote on list items to move them up the list.
If you think there are more tools for content writing other than the ones mentioned above you can post them in the comments section.